Heather graduated from The University of Sydney in 2007 with her Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy). She also obtained her Graduate Diploma of Divinity from Ridley College in 2017. Heather is married, and has three young daughters. She has worked in adult settings both in Sydney and the UK, and then started working in Paediatrics eight years ago.
Heather has recently been a keynote speaker at the National Paediatric Occupational Therapy Symposium in November 2018. Amongst other courses, Heather has completed:
- DIR/FLOORTIME Level 1 courses, Therapeutic Listening basic and fine-tuning courses
- Praxis course with Theresa May-Benson
- ALERT Program for Self-Regulation courses with Sheila Frick
- Sensory Defensiveness with Patricia Wilbarger
- Sensory Processing Interactive Reasoning Tool Course with Tracey Stackhouse
Heather aims to provide therapy that targets family-centered functional goals and respects each child’s unique abilities. She believes that therapy should focus on finding the just right challenge for each child, alongside prompting peacefulness in the family.