Jessica graduated from the University of Western Sydney with a Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy) in 1999, it was during this time she developed a passion for working with infants, pre-schoolers and children in infant school. Since graduating, she has always worked in the field of paediatrics both in the public and private sector in a variety of settings including community based clinics, hospital (inpatient and outpatient), early childhood settings and schools.
Jessica is committed to supporting children and their family to achieve their full potential by providing intervention options that can be incorporated into their daily life at home and at school.
Jessica has over 15 years experience working with children with developmental delay, physical disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), visual processing and learning difficulties, motor coordination or postural difficulties and regulatory issues and a variety of other diagnosis and difficulties.
In addition to this, Jessica has taught on a casual basis at the University of Western Sydney and has worked for the Catholic Education Office on the Allied Health Project (2012-2014) supporting students in school and training teachers in the areas of sensory processing and handwriting.
Jessica has maintained her professional learning through attending conferences, workshops, seminars, courses and evidence based practice groups. She has attended the following courses and workshops:
- The ALERT program (Williams & Shellenberger)
- The Traffic Jam In My Brain (Gen Gereb)
- Tools for Tots (Diana Henry)
- Clinical Assessment and Practical Interventions for Praxis (Dr. Teresa A May-Benson)
- PRPP – Perceive, Recall, Plan, Perform (Dr Chris Chapparo and Judy Ranka)
- 1st Annual Conference for ICAHMS: Research and Clinical Practice – Child Development and Mental Health: Linking the Two Sides of The Same Coin
- 2nd Annual Conference for ICAHMS: Cool It! Focus on Anxiety
Jessica is registered with AHPRA and is a registered provider with Medicare Australia.Outside of work Jessica enjoys spending time with her husband and two children and enjoys the company of her family and friends. She likes the outdoors, walking, yoga and music and is fluent in Spanish.